[comp.os.os2.misc] This is only a test?

Gerry_Rozema@f170.n771.z3.fidonet.org (Gerry Rozema) (05/18/91)

 RM> Well, SE itself will tap dance all over the drive, but if you use HPFS
 RM> and lazy writes, it will probably be a lot better about it. Since I
 RM> upgraded to 8mb it is really quite nice... Good luck...

        I think when making statements like that robert, you should also
mention that you are talking about the beta of os/2 2.0.  There's enough
confusion on the issue of how much ram is required, without adding more.

                    Gerry

--- msged 1.99S OS/2
 * Origin: The Idle Task... OS/2 the Max... (1:153/905)

Emmitt_Dove@f170.n771.z3.fidonet.org (Emmitt Dove) (05/19/91)

 GR>  ED> I took it down here.  On Friday I started getting internal
 GR> processing
 GR>  ED> errors that required the BRS for recovery.  It would only take
about

 GR>         Remember the netmail I sent you about 'backup your ini files'.
 GR> Betcha that will cure it.  It did here.

Nope.  I'm getting "Extent not found" errors.  I have this 320mb ESDI set up
as 60 FAT and 260 HPFS; all the bbs stuff is on HPFS.  The filename given
for the extent not found error is usually an outbound archive.  Lazy write
is on.  I may reinstall from scratch to see if that helps.  And, yes, I have
chkdsk'ed the drive, but under 1.3.

--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02-OS/2-R5
 * Origin: Fernwood - OS/2 files via HST DS at (203) 483-0348 (1:141/209)