[comp.os.os2.misc] Non-standard hd

Ian_Munro@f170.n771.z3.fidonet.org (Ian Munro) (05/19/91)

I am running OS/2 1.3 on a Taiwanese clone 286 with Phoenix BIOS. Under DOS,
I used Disk Manager and the DM device driver to access all 42MB of my
Miniscribe 3650 HD. Under OS/2 I can only access the partition recognised by
the BIOS.

Is there a device driver, or some undocumented mechanism, by which OS/2 will
recognise the extended partition without recourse to replacing or reburning
the BIOS?

If I try to access the extended partition via FDISKPM, PM informs me
evetually that the program is not responding, and invites me to terminate it.
It seems strange, however, that OS/2 should be aware of the partition at all.

Thanks in advance.

--- D'Bridge B1039/01j
 * Origin: D'Bridge Support/Australia (3:632/340)