[comp.os.os2.misc] Changing mouse/pointer speed

todd@pvi.UUCP (Todd Bradley x293) (05/24/91)

I just recently installed the 1.3 Standard Edition onto my
not-even-close-to-IBM clone this past week.  I have a Logitech
mouse which I installed as a PC Mouse (Mouse Systems) as per
Logitech's suggestions.

Anyhow, the mouse works now, but is hypersensitive in the PM.
The slightest touch sends the pointer screaming across the
desktop.  I was hoping the mouse speed was controllable from
the Control Panel, but no such luck.  I can't find any other
reference to how to modify this in the docs.

Is there a way to change the mouse speed/acceleration in PM
mode, either through some device driver settings or through
some other Control Panel like program?

--
Todd Bradley (extension AXE)         Disclaimers are for wimps who have
Supreme Ruler of The Galaxy          some sort of job security.

Mahoney@emdisle.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Mahoney) (05/27/91)

In an article of <24 May 91 16:52:10 GMT>, todd@pvi.UUCP (Todd Bradley x293) writes:

 TB>Is there a way to change the mouse speed/acceleration in PM
 TB>mode, either through some device driver settings or through
 TB>some other Control Panel like program?

    You might try experimenting with other drivers. Since you say you're using a clone you're probably using a serial port for the mouse. There's a Microsoft Serial driver included. There was a note in the Fidonet OS/2 echo several weeks ago that installing an IBM mouse as a Microsoft mouse speeded it up; we tried it and it works. It may also be possible to go the other way with another device driver.
--
Mike Mahoney - via FidoNet node 1:300/14
UUCP: uunet...!noao!coyote!emdisle!Mahoney