[comp.os.os2.misc] Printing Problems with OS2 1.2 & Epson fx80

oechslin@disuns2.epfl.ch (Philipp Oechslin) (05/27/91)

I have OS2 1.2 and an Epson FX80 printer. I didn't manage to get one
single line out of the printer yet. Therefore my question is:

- Has anybody been able to print on Epson FX80 from OS2 1.2 (if yes how?)

  or

  can anybody confirm that this is not possible?

Philippe Oechslin
oechslin@ltisun.epfl.ch
LTI-EPFL
Lausanne, Switzerland

tshea@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (05/29/91)

In article <1944@disun22.epfl.ch>, oechslin@disuns2.epfl.ch (Philipp Oechslin) writes:
> I have OS2 1.2 and an Epson FX80 printer. I didn't manage to get one
> single line out of the printer yet. Therefore my question is:
>
> - Has anybody been able to print on Epson FX80 from OS2 1.2 (if yes how?)
>
>   or
>
>   can anybody confirm that this is not possible?
>

> Philippe Oechslin
> oechslin@ltisun.epfl.ch
> LTI-EPFL
> Lausanne, Switzerland

All of our Epsons printers worked with OS/2 1.2.  We used the Epson printer
drivers that came with OS/2 (with the latest CSDs).  You might want to try
using one of the printer drivers for IBM printers.  OS/2 has a mind of its own
when it comes to printers.  Some printer drivers work on one machine just great
but doesn't work at all on another machine.

tim shea
LAN Admin
International IS&DP
3M, Inc.