[comp.os.os2.misc] Any OS/2 BBS programs?

From The Mind Of <U39648@uicvm.uic.edu> (06/05/91)

I'm looking for information on ANY bulletin board programs written
for OS/2.

(A perfect one would be Presentation Manager-based and either
worked with a OS/2 UUCP or had a UUCP module in it to allow the
BBS users to see Usenet news feeds...)

- Darius
   BITNET: U39648@UICVM             | "I'd rather laugh with the sinners
 Internet: u39648@uicvm.uic.edu     |         than cry with the saints,
====================================|  the sinners are much more fun,
  "Don't set fire to strangers."    |  and only the good die young."
  - Mr. Zarniwoop                   |  - Billy Joel

bking@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Barry King) (06/08/91)

U39648@uicvm.uic.edu (From The Mind Of) writes:

> I'm looking for information on ANY bulletin board programs written
> for OS/2.

There are several available.

  Multi-Net : sells a BBS as well as PMCOMM
            : can be reached at (503) 883-8197

  Magnum    : OS/2 BBS and comm pkgs
            : BBS # is (805) 582-9306

  Simplex   : OS/2 BBS - pretty good, source available
            : author's name is Chris Laforet
            : Programmer's Oasis BBS (919) 226-6984 and 7136
            : FidoNet Mail 1:151/401 or 1:151/402
            : Compuserve ID: 76120,110
            : Genie Mail ID: XTX74591
            : BIX Email  ID: laforet

Sorry, the Multi-Net number above is a BBS...

There's also a shareware/freeware(?) BBS floating around which originates
somewhere in Europe.  I scooped it from somewhere in a file called
OS2BBS.ZIP.  It's fairly simplistic but definitely works.

Hope this helps.  There are probably other systems out there but these
are the ones I could come up with.

Barry King              bking@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) (06/10/91)

bking@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Barry King) writes:

>There's also a shareware/freeware(?) BBS floating around which originates
>somewhere in Europe.  I scooped it from somewhere in a file called
>OS2BBS.ZIP.  It's fairly simplistic but definitely works.
>
>Barry King              bking@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca
>Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

Is there any FTP-sites, where would be any BBS's SW available for OS/2?

Matti Joutkoski, mattij@yj.data.nokia.fi, tel. + 358-0-5673866.

bking@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Barry King) (06/11/91)

mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) writes:

> Is there any FTP-sites, where would be any BBS's SW available for OS/2?

I'm not the best person to be recommending FTP sites - I barely know what
Usenet is all about :-)  However, if you contact the BBS numbers - oops -
you're calling from Finland...sorry.  There's been a couple of message
through here which contain FTP sites for OS/2 software.  Maybe you can
dig those messages up or someone would be kind enough to repost...