[comp.os.os2.misc] Current CSD level

RICKW@umrvmb.umr.edu (06/18/91)

Hi,

Could somebody tell me what the current CSD level is for OS/2 ver 1.3.
And where I can get it.

Thanks
Rick    RICKW@UMRVMB.UMR.EDU

ballard@ucs.ubc.ca (Alan Ballard) (06/18/91)

In article <2827@umriscc.isc.umr.edu> RICKW@umrvmb.umr.edu writes:
>Could somebody tell me what the current CSD level is for OS/2 ver 1.3.
>And where I can get it.

The current CSD's are XR05015 for 1.3 SE and WR05015 for 1.3EE.  I think
these are the first general CSD's for 1.3.  They should bring the
install up to the 1.3.1 level, which is what IBM are currently shipping
for new orders.

They were just released in the past couple of weeks, so you may have some
trouble getting them, even direct from IBM.  In Canada, I couldn't order
the SE one when I tried two weeks ago, but the order was accepted today without
any problem.

How do you get it?  If you are an IBM corporate customer, contact your
IBM customer service representative and ask for it by number.  Or, if you
have access to IBMLink, you can order it there (which is what I just did).

If you are not a corporate customer, your friendly full-service IBM Dealer
is supposed to fill the same role as the CSR.
You may have to be VERY persistant to find an IBM dealer who knows what a CSD
is and is willing to order it for you.  Ask for a manager, and remind him/her
that their agreement with IBM *requires* them to provide you with this
service.

The above CSD's can also be downloaded from the new IBMOS2 forum on
Compuserve.  But at something like 8megabytes, it will cost a fortune
in connect time.  They may also be available on the IBM BBS in Atlanta,
though they weren't the last time I heard.

--
Alan Ballard                   | Internet: ballard@ucs.ubc.ca
University Computing Services  |   Bitnet: USERAB1@UBCMTSG

goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) (06/18/91)

When you get the CSD and (before you) install it, BE SURE TO READ THE
DIRECTIONS!!

You must know in advance what directories (or the roots of directory trees)
you want the CSD to stay out of before you start.  If you don't have this
information, or don't tell the software otherwise, it will happily upgrade
any file it finds that has the same name as the OS/2 ones it's updating.
(Including your DOS files, MKS tools, etc.)  It will leave a log file
so you know what it did, but if you don't have backups, that's not much
consolation.
--
Bob Goodearl -- goodearl@world.std.com
Principal Software Engineer, Easel Corporation

GD.SAR@forsythe.stanford.edu (Sandy Rockowitz) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun17.225654.8956@unixg.ubc.ca>,

>The above CSD's can also be downloaded from the new IBMOS2 forum on
>Compuserve.  But at something like 8megabytes, it will cost a fortune
>in connect time.  They may also be available on the IBM BBS in Atlanta,
>though they weren't the last time I heard.

The CSD's are available on the IBM Atlanta BBS.

Since there was a recent query for the telephone number, here are
the BBS details.
   Phone     404-835-6600
   Settings  8-N-1
   Speed     up to 9600

The BBS has been having severe technical problems recently, so
you may be plagued with busy signals or no answers when trying
to connect.

Sandy Rockowitz
gd.sar@forsythe.stanford.edu