[comp.os.os2.misc] VT320 emulator for OS/2? HELP!

xmbs_gh@debet.nhh.no (Gunnar Helliesen) (06/21/91)

--VT320 Emulator for OS/2 V1.21

Help!

Does anyone out there know if there exists a good VT320 terminal
emulator for OS/2 V1.21 (and/or V1.3)???

I also need to know the address and phone number (no 800#, please!) of
the manufacturer.

Please e-mail to xmbs_gh@debet.nhh.no

Thanks in advance!

/------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Gunnar Helliesen, Systems Consultant, MBS Fjerndata a.s, Bergen, Norway      |
| INTERNET: xmbs_gh@debet.nhh.no    PHONE: Intl + 47 5 32 58 40                |
| *** Disclaimer: The views expressed here.. and so on and so forth...         |
\------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun21.144033.532@debet.nhh.no>, xmbs_gh@debet.nhh.no (Gunnar Helliesen) writes:
> --VT320 Emulator for OS/2 V1.21
>
> Help!
>
> Does anyone out there know if there exists a good VT320 terminal
> emulator for OS/2 V1.21 (and/or V1.3)???
I'm using ChipChat, by the Cawthorn Software Group, 24224 Michigan Ave,
			   Dearborn, MI  48124.
	Phone: 313-565-4000.

I think they're 3 people working in a garage somewhere.  The software is
not bad; it does a reasonable 220 emulation (I've never been real clear
on the difference between 220 and 320, anyway.)  They also claim to do
320.

It's a PM program.  I'd also recommend STRONGLY that you stay away from
HyperAccess V, by Hilgraeve.  They've never got 220 escape sequences
down pat.

> I also need to know the address and phone number (no 800#, please!) of
> the manufacturer.
>
> Please e-mail to xmbs_gh@debet.nhh.no
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> /------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
> | Gunnar Helliesen, Systems Consultant, MBS Fjerndata a.s, Bergen, Norway      |
> | INTERNET: xmbs_gh@debet.nhh.no    PHONE: Intl + 47 5 32 58 40                |
> | *** Disclaimer: The views expressed here.. and so on and so forth...         |
> \------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Hope this helps,

			Adrian
--
Adrian Goldman                         |  Internet:  Goldman@MBCL.Rutgers.Edu
Molecular Biology Computing Laboratory |  Bitnet:    Goldman@BioVAX

tholen@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (David Tholen) (06/23/91)

In article <486.28633a91@mbcl.rutgers.edu>, goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu writes:

> I'd also recommend STRONGLY that you stay away from
> HyperAccess V, by Hilgraeve.  They've never got 220 escape sequences
> down pat.

I also recommend staying away from version 2.0, which was released last month,
at least until they come out with a maintenance release.  It is very buggy,
and things that worked in version 1.1 are now broken, such as the 'delay
until' script command.