[comp.os.os2.misc] OS/2 1.3 & IBM SCSI adapter and non-IBM SCSI drive

Peter J. Natali <MBAPN@ROHVM1.BITNET> (06/25/91)

  Does anyone have experience installing IBM OS/2 1.3 EE on a PS/2 with an IBM
SCSI adapter card and a NON-IBM SCSI drive?

  I have such a setup with a Seagate (Imprimis/Wren V) 94221 disk drive.  I
am currently running PC-DOS 3.3 - no drivers are needed under PC-DOS.

  The Seagate technician say that a special driver is needed to use the drive
under OS/2.

  The company that sold me the IBM SCSI adapter (Sears Business Center) says
that I will not need a special driver for the drive.

  Any experiences/suggestions/comments/flames welcome.

  Pete Natali

feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) (06/26/91)

t would be nice to get a list of scsi device  types supported by the
IBM scsi controller and whether non-ibm devices are supported for each
device type (floppy, hd, cd-rom,printer, scanner,etc).
--
David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631
EMAIL: feustel@netcom.com  or feustel@cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu

I voted for Bush once.  As it's turning out, once was once too often.

Andreas.Kaiser@ananke.stgt.sub.org (Andreas Kaiser) (06/27/91)

 >  Does anyone have experience installing IBM OS/2 1.3 EE on a
 >PS/2 with an IBM SCSI adapter card and a NON-IBM SCSI drive?

PS/2-80 with an external Wren-VII (1GB) used as network-server. No special
driver required.

                Gruss, Andreas

 * Origin: kaiser@ananke.stgt.sub.org - Stuttgart FRG (2:244/7014)