[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] is there a group concerned with Novell NetWare?!

bsylvester@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu (07/17/90)

In article <29578.269e1685@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (Dhanapong Saengrussamee-University of North Texas) writes:

> There's also NOVELL Newsgroup on usenet.  May be your usenet's SysAdmin.
> forget to subscribe it!  8^)
>
> __Mouse.o()~

     I just looked through all the comp.* groups and didn't
     see any Novell group, obviously I'm overlooking it.
     Could you please post the name of the newsgroup?

     Thanks.

VOTE YES on comp.sys.novell!!!

tim

In article <13478@udenva.cair.du.edu> news@udenva.cair.du.edu (netnews) writes:

   try bit.listserv.novell
   there is also a mailing list, but i forgot the address.

That *is* the mailing list.  Your news admin is kind enough to gateway the
mailing list into a newsgroup.

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
In Communism's central planning, citizens are told "you will make widgets".

gregj@microsoft.UUCP (Greg JONES) (07/20/90)

In article <166.26a1c510@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu>, bsylvester@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu writes:
>      I just looked through all the comp.* groups and didn't
>      see any Novell group, obviously I'm overlooking it.
>      Could you please post the name of the newsgroup?

There isn't a novell group in mainstream usenet.  Probably
the closest thing would be comp.dcom.lans.  There was some
sort of "call for votes" for comp.sys.novell, which isn't
likely to work because (a) there was no discussion of the
group at all in news.groups, and (b) vendor-specific stuff
seems to turn news.groups into an inferno...

uunet!microsoft!gregj
[I just happen to work here.  Sheer coincidence.]

martucci@cernvax.UUCP (pietro paolo martucci) (07/20/90)

In <55974@microsoft.UUCP> gregj@microsoft.UUCP (Greg JONES) writes:

>In article <166.26a1c510@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu>, bsylvester@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu writes:
>>      I just looked through all the comp.* groups and didn't
>>      see any Novell group, obviously I'm overlooking it.
>>      Could you please post the name of the newsgroup?

Actually there is a group called
bit.listserv.novell
--
Pietro Paolo Martucci                 | Ohi vita, Ohi vita mia....
CN-CE  , CERN , CH-1211 GENEVA 23     | ...si state u primm'ammore....