[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Archive Tape Backup/SC499R Software availability

jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) (07/21/90)

marks@pwa-b.uucp (Evan R. Marks) writes:

>Does anyone know of any software that will work under dos with an Archive `
>5945 tape backup and sc499r controller, and will also work with a
>Wangtek Tape backup with ev802 (everex) controller?

Sytos has versions of their tape software that will work with the Archive
and with the Wangtek.  I don't have the address now, but will get it on
Monday if you need it (e-mail me)

>I have the archive and a friend has the wangtek.  I have fastape software
>that is not compatable with the wangtek drive/everex controller.

>I am looking for software that will work on either.  Both drives take
>DC600A cartriges.  Why cant they read/write in compatable format?

The raw data is compatable, it is just the way each software package expects
to see the data that is different.  Get the Sytos software (1 for each
machine) and your problems will be solved.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.