[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Grey Scale Monitors?

bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bhaskar Bose) (07/23/90)

Any recommendations on VGA grey scale monitors?  I am looking at the
Nec GS IIA and the Princeton MAX 15.  Are there any others I should consider
in the under $400 price range?

whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Ben Feen) (07/25/90)

In article <51794@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bhaskar Bose) writes:

>Any recommendations on VGA grey scale monitors?  I am looking at the
>Nec GS IIA and the Princeton MAX 15.  Are there any others I should consider
>in the under $400 price range?

I purchased my GS2a from Macro Computer Solutions (The MCS in my path) and
it works perfectly.  The NEC seemed to be the best buy, price-wise and
quality-wise.

--
whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM | I don't know, who's at DDSW1? | whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM!
I asked YOU who's at DDSW1! Ok, there's a guy at DDSW1, right? | Right!

tomf@cms2.UUCP (Tom Fortner) (07/25/90)

In article <51794@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bhaskar Bose) writes:

>Any recommendations on VGA grey scale monitors?  I am looking at the
>Nec GS IIA and the Princeton MAX 15.  Are there any others I should consider
>in the under $400 price range?

I'm not so impressed with my NEC GS2A. Since it writes every other line on each
sweep, the image is constantly bouncing on the screen. The bounce is small,
but if high resolution is the reason you buy a VGA monitor (it was mine),
then the bouncing can be most irritating. I bought a VGA monitor to run Hebrew,
which uses dots for vowells, and the dot patterns must be clear to accurately
translate the word. I just am not all that please with my bouncing dots.
Tom

--
    Tom Fortner                        ** The greatest gift a man can offer
    Christian Medical & Dental Society ** his Maker is a repentant committed

rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (07/26/90)

I use an Addonics 7D5 with a Paradise VGA-1024 card. This monitor (14")
does 1024x768 only interlaced (as the card does), not non-interlaced. I
am very satisfied with this one. It is sold in the US under the name
TVM MG-11. I saw it at Soft Warehouse.

Kai Uwe Rommel

--
/* Kai Uwe Rommel