[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Any PD software to print text files using TOPS Flashcard?

bach@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Baskaran Subramaniam) (07/21/90)

We just bought a TOPS Flashcard for our IBM-AT hoping that would allow us to
print text files on the Apple Laserwriter over the AppleTalk network.  But,
to our disappointment, we found that it did not come with any utility to
do this!  Are there any PD programs that does this?

We bought this product because, we could use this to transer files using
TOPS Inbox3.0 which we already have.

Please send e-mail to bach@vax1.udel.edu

Thanks,

Baskaran.

granz@junkyard.UUCP (David Granz) (07/29/90)

In article <6770@vax1.acs.udel.EDU>, bach@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Baskaran Subramaniam) writes:
> We just bought a TOPS Flashcard for our IBM-AT hoping that would allow us to
> print text files on the Apple Laserwriter over the AppleTalk network.  But,
> to our disappointment, we found that it did not come with any utility to
> do this!  Are there any PD programs that does this?

I am also looking for any PD program for the TOPS Flashcard to print to
a laserwriter. I'd be interested to hear about them also. I have a Flashcard
and currently the only way I can print to the laserwriter is to load all
the TOPS software including the printer support code. The problem with this
is that the software is made up of a bunch of TSRs that hog memory. All I
want is a simple (non-tsr) program to send a file to the printer. In addition
to the memory requirements, for some reason printing will only work
if I slow my 33mhz 386 down to 8mhz speed (yuck).

Thanks
Dave Granz
...!junkyard!granz