[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] TC++ & Extended Keyboards

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (07/30/90)

In article <32213@cup.portal.com> cliffhanger@cup.portal.com (Cliff C Heyer) writes:
>Thomas Dwyer III writes...
>>The byte at 40:96 will tell you if a 101/102 key keyboard is present.
>>If bit 4 (0 base) is set, the keyboard is the extended type.
>
>If this is true, why does not the PHOENIX Technical Reference Series
>"SYSTEM BIOS" book say so? On page 138 they suggest a method
>using int 16h Fcn 10h. Unfortunately, I find some XT BIOSs *crash* when
>this Fcn is used.

Okay.. So is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that TC++ cannot
handle the enhanced keycodes "out of the wrapper"?

The TCINST and TC programs both appear to support enhanced keyboards,
but they still use the old keyboard calls (func 0,1,2) rather than the
enhanced calls (func 10,11,12).  This makes it difficult to use keys
such as F11/F12 without some fiddling (I fiddled!).

--
| ..uunet!bnrgate!bmerh614!mlord | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |