[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Large Charactor Printing Utilities from dBase IV Wanted

hchen@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (H. Chen) (07/28/90)

Hi, there,

I need a PD or Shareware, or commercial package which will print out,
say, a three line badge, with large Charactor from the command line.
Any help to point to such a utilities would be very appreciated.  I
will describe my situation in the following session.

I am writing a dBase IV program for the meeting registration package.
It is required to print out every attendee's badge after his/her
information is entered.  So it would be nice if it can be run from the
dBase's command line like:

		Run Programname Textfilename

Instead of quitting from dBase to do it.

dBase IV would be able to create a text file for information shown in
the badge.  However, it is my understanding that current dBase IV has
no system variable for print font.  It may be possible to inseart the
printer's control charactor to enforce the large charactor.  However,
it may be too trouble to set up the program for the different printers.
(Is there any people knows if the control charactor for large charactor
is almost the same from one printer to another?)

The agent I am working for used a program called MeetingTrack, which
runs on DataEase.  That package uses third party packages called
BadgePro and LaserTrack to print badges.  There is little information
about using these two package alone.  Any people have used them from
the cammand line with the text file?

Please reply by email.  If there is enough interest, I will post a
summary.

Thank you, folks.

Huijie
======

hchen@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (H. Chen) (08/01/90)

A few days I ago I wrote:

>I need a PD or Shareware, or commercial package which will print out,
>say, a three line badge, with large Charactor from the command line.
>Any help to point to such a utilities would be very appreciated.  I
>will describe my situation in the following session.

After that, I got several replies.  I am very appreciate your help.
However, my reply messages were rejected by the net when I send my message
to Tom and Mark in Ashton-Tade who gave me very useful help.

The solusion is to write a few lines with a set of variables to control
the printer.  Thus, the program will be printer-depended.  But it seems
to be a workable in my situation.

For those who want to see messages from Tom and Mark, please drop me
a note.  Again, their information is very helpful.  I am sorry I can't
reach them.

Thank you all your guys again.

Huijie
======