[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Telebit Trailblazer Plus PC modem cards for sale

timk@xenitec.on.ca (Tim Kuehn) (08/03/90)

In article <59225@tgate.UUCP> santry@tgate.UUCP (Patricia Santry) writes:
>Telebit Trailblazer Plus 19.2 modems for sale, model T18PC (internal PC
>card version).  FCC class B, Canadian 742-1946-A; proms BB4.00 Even/Odd;
>board revision FAB-10652-02 rev. E.
>
>Yes, this is the same batch of modems which we have been selling for the
>last couple of years.

The one I purchased last summer is still chugging along, working just
great. :-)

>We originally purchased them for a project which was
>later cancelled and have been trying to get rid of them ever since.  They are
>new modems still in the factory shipping cartons.

Mine came in a styrofoam egg-crate shipping containers with a good bit of
packaging around it. *However* they do *not* have a manual. You'll need to
go to Telebit to get one of those (they run about $20-$30 /ea).

>The modems are usable with DOS or Unix systems that are based on an
>IBM AT/XT or compatible (they use an eight-bit slot).

Mine's running uucp/cu/procomm on a Xenix 386/MsDos with no glitches.

>Contact Fred Schiele, Ben Donohue, or Laurie Cross at UVC Corp for ordering
>information (phone 714-261-5336 or FAX 714-261-1677), or contact me by e-mail
>with technical questions.
>--
>Patty Santry, UVC Corp. Phone: (714) 261-5336  FAX: (714) 261-1677
>UUCP:	{felix,zardoz,ka3ovk}!tgate!santry
>USPS:	16800 Aston St, Irvine, CA 92714

I purchased two of these modems last year and sold one to a client. I
don't have any problems recommending these critters to other net.buyers
out there, and the price they're asking is lower than I've seen Tbits
go for anywhere (Even after conversion, FST, and other charges the
landed cost in Canada is less than my dealer cost). Getting a manual isn't
too big of a deal, all you have to do for that is call Telebit and
order one from them or a local dealer.

(BTW - no flames to me about commercial selling on the net, if you can
show me someone who can get and sell TBits for $400 *and* make a profit
I'll post a public retraction of all of the above. As it is the interest
cost on that lot must be expensive enough as it is.)

Timothy D. Kuehn	TDK Consulting Services  "Where Quality is Guaranteed"
timk@xenitec.on.ca 	uunet!watmath!maytag!xenitec!timk
119 University Ave. East, Waterloo, Ont., Canada. N2J 2W1 519-888-0766
if no answer 519-742-2036 (w/ans mach) fax: 519-747-0881. Contract services
available in Dos/Unix/Xenix - SW & HW. Clipper, Foxbase/Pro, C, Pascal,
Fortran, Assembler etc. *Useable* dBase program generator under construction