[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] What's the diff between c.s.i.p.m and c.o.m.m?

tomr@ashtate (Tom Rombouts) (08/04/90)

Pardon my ignorance and the bandwidth, but what is the difference
between comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc and comp.os.msdos.misc?  Wouldn't
only having comp.os.msdos.misc be more consistant with the recent
creation of the "comp.os.msods" groups?  Or am I missing something?

Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com  V:(213)538-7108

wiml@milton.u.washington.edu (William Lewis) (08/04/90)

In article <1091@ashton.UUCP> tomr@ashton.UUCP (Tom Rombouts) writes:
>Pardon my ignorance and the bandwidth, but what is the difference
>between comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc and comp.os.msdos.misc?  Wouldn't
>only having comp.os.msdos.misc be more consistant with the recent
>creation of the "comp.os.msods" groups?  Or am I missing something?

  Well, "comp.os.msdos.misc" is about the OS, MS[PC, whatever]-DOS;
comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc is about the system, the IBM PC and compatibles.
A discussion on how to change the timer interrupt rate may not be
at home on csimm, and a discussion detailing the uses of undocumented
interrupt eleventeen (hex) might not belong on csipm...

--
wiml@blake.acs.washington.edu       Seattle, Washington  | No sig under
(William Lewis)  |  47 41' 15" N   122 42' 58" W  |||||||| construction