[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] OS/2 and RLL controllers

dennett@usage.csd.unsw.oz.au (Dennett Jaques) (08/04/90)

G'day there,

I sent the following request to various OS/2 newsgroups but did not get
much response. Can anybody here help out?

I'm trying to configure OS/2 1.21 (Microsoft Version) on a 286. I dont get
very far at all though, because my machine hangs when I run the install disk.

I have a feeling that OS/2 can not recognise my hard disk.
I have a Mitsubishi 65Mbyte RLL drive with an Adaptec 2372B disk controller.

This controller has its own BIOS which is probably the root of the problem.

My question is - does anyone have an OS/2 driver for this controller?

I just read an article in one of the OS/2 news groups stating that Adaptec
had drivers available for their SCSI controllers and thought it was at least
worth asking.

By the way since then, I have found in the installation instructions that came
with the card that the controller works with OS/2. But I cant get it to.

Many thanks for any help .........

  Cheers.

  Dennett Jaques.

   ,-_|\     Network Analyst             E-mail: dennett@usage.csd.unsw.edu.au
  /     \    The University of N.S.W     Phone:  +61 2 697-2324
  \_,-._* <- Sydney, AUSTRALIA           FAX:    +61 2 662-8665
       v     _________________________________________________________________

                         When I want my employers opinion,
                               I'll give it to them.

brim@cbmvax.commodore.com (Mike Brim - Product Assurance) (08/06/90)

In article <788@usage.csd.unsw.oz.au> dennett@usage.csd.unsw.oz.au (Dennett Jaques) writes:

> I'm trying to configure OS/2 1.21 (Microsoft Version) on a 286. I dont get
> very far at all though, because my machine hangs when I run the install disk.
>
> I have a feeling that OS/2 can not recognise my hard disk.
> I have a Mitsubishi 65Mbyte RLL drive with an Adaptec 2372B disk controller.
>
> This controller has its own BIOS which is probably the root of the problem.

I'm running OS/2 1.2 on an Adaptec 2372B with a Microscience 1060 HD.  The
computer is a Vector 20MHz 286 (uses C&T) with Award 3.03 BIOS.

What is the error message (if any) and on what screen does it hang?  Also if you
are using the 63 sector translation, back up the hd and try it without this
option.