[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Help swapping CTRL and CAPS LOCK on XT 101 key kybd.

smd@lsuc.on.ca (Sean Doran) (08/06/90)

I am presently stuck using a 101 key keyboard on which the CTRL key is below
the left shift key, and the CAPS key is above the left shift key.
I hate that arrangement, and want to swap the CAPS LOCK and CTRL keys.

Will someone please tell me how I can do this in SM-DOS 3.2 without manually
ripping into the (TWM) BIOS, or the keyboard itself?

--
Sean Doran <smd@lsuc.ON.CA>
also seand@ziebmef.mef.org and guest@ra.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

toma@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Tom Almy) (08/07/90)

In article <9008051513.AA16024@lsuc.on.ca> smd@lsuc.on.ca (Sean Doran) writes:
>I am presently stuck using a 101 key keyboard on which the CTRL key is below
>the left shift key, and the CAPS key is above the left shift key.
>I hate that arrangement, and want to swap the CAPS LOCK and CTRL keys.

>Will someone please tell me how I can do this in SM-DOS 3.2 without manually
>ripping into the (TWM) BIOS, or the keyboard itself?

This tiny tsr makes the caps lock into a control key, while rightshift/capslock
becomes the capslock function. The existing control key remains a control
key, giving you more control.

begin 666 kbdr.com
MZ0@`3P(`````"@"\FO_'!@4!F/^]_O^)+@<!_.AB`+@`3,TA`````(#\3W4O
M/#IU&P8NC@9^`";V!A<$`74"L!TNHGT`!_DN_RZ``#RZ=0PNH'T`!(#Y+O\N