[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] CD ROM extensions

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (08/03/90)

CD ROM extensions from Microsoft (MSCDEX.EXE)

I have version 2.00 dated 1988. When I run it with DOS 4.0, it gives me an
"Incorrect DOS Version" message. Can someone send me a copy that works with DOS
4.0?
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |

vas@cbnewsi.att.com (vassilios.d.vassiliadis) (08/03/90)

I have the same problem with the CD ROM extensions for DOS 4.0
If you have them, can you please e-mail them to me? The address
is: vas4@homxa.att.com or att!homxa!vas4 (for AT&T people)

Thanks in advance for your help

	Vas

.-----------------------------------------------------------------.
|  Vassilios D. Vassiliadis |  ^   ^  | They say: "Money Talks",  |
|     att!homxa!vas4        |  o | o  |  but all mine says is:    |
|  AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel  |   _^_   |      "GOODBYE!!!"         |
|      New Jersey, USA      |  /===\  |*******************VAS*****|
|  Everything you read is my terminal's opinion; it has           |
|  nothing to do with me or my company.........................   |
`-----------------------------------------------------------------'

tat@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tom Thackrey) (08/07/90)

In article <1990Aug3.155446.887@cbnewsi.att.com> vas@cbnewsi.att.com (vassilios.d.vassiliadis) writes:
 >I have the same problem with the CD ROM extensions for DOS 4.0
 >If you have them, can you please e-mail them to me? The address
 >is: vas4@homxa.att.com or att!homxa!vas4 (for AT&T people)

Since the MS-DOS CD-ROM extensions are a copyrighted, licensed product
of Microsoft, I suggest you PURCHASE them thru a distributor.  I bought
mine from from Compact Disk Products in New York city (212) 737-8400.
I think most drive distributors also license them.  I believe they
cost me about $50 (us).
--
Tom Thackrey sun!amdahl!tat00

[ The opinions expressed herin are mine alone. ]