[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Wanted: Information on Bar Code

han@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Sung-Kook Han) (08/02/90)

Dear Friends:

 A friend of mine is writing a program for bar code reader.
Any information on libraries or toolkits for bar code programming
are great help for him. Please let me share your knowledges.
Please e-mail any information to me.

Han
han@linc.cis.upenn.edu

We are the World.

mcjilton@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (charles mar mcjilton) (08/09/90)

In article <27700@netnews.upenn.edu> han@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Sung-Kook Han) writes:
>Dear Friends:
>
> A friend of mine is writing a program for bar code reader.
>Any information on libraries or toolkits for bar code programming
>are great help for him. Please let me share your knowledges.
>Please e-mail any information to me.

There is a good library for generating barcodes called "Code-Master".  We've
been using it with windows and on the console for creating 3-of-9 codes,
but it can create almost every major code there is.  Nice set of routines.
I think it cost us $300 for the source to the library, but it would be $100 or
so for just the libraries.

It generates the codes into an internal memory block, and you fwrite() them to
the printer, or a file.  It can also be accessed from languages other than C.

<Using a friends account>
Sean