[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] problems with PKZIP 1.02

MCM_Dorenbos@pttrnl.nl (M.C.M. Dorenbos, +31 70 332 5127, PTT Research, NL) (08/08/90)

I have problems using PKZIP 1.02. An error occurs when PKZIP has finished
it's job with zipping a number of files. I get the message 'out of memory'
when I want to start any program under 4DOS. A few internal functions of
4DOS still function though, one of them is memory, which gives the following
interesting result:

     655,360 bytes total RAM
   1,048,320 bytes free

         512 bytes total environment
          42 bytes free

       2,512 bytes total alias
       1,077 bytes free

       2,048 bytes total history

Under COMMAND.COM I got the message 'Fout bij toewijzen geheugen' ('Error to
assign memory'), and the next line is 'Command kan niet gestart worden'
('Command cannot be started').
The result of this is a neccessary reboot.
By the way, I had the same problems with PKZIP 1.10.
What is going on?

I am using 4DOS, Tulip MsDOS 3.30, Tulip AT compact computer, PCSA 3.0
(also known as 'VMSservices for MsDOS' or 'LANworks for DOS'), PKZIP 1.02 or
1.10, PC-VAULT 4.3.

Marcel Dorenbos

PTT Research Neher Laboratorium,
The Netherlands.

eMail           : MCM_Dorenbos@PTTRNL.NL

cschreur@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Toine Schreurs) (08/10/90)

In <38697.26c032d5@pttrnl.nl> MCM_Dorenbos@pttrnl.nl (M.C.M. Dorenbos, +31 70 332 5127, PTT Research, NL) writes:

>I have problems using PKZIP 1.02. An error occurs when PKZIP has finished
>it's job with zipping a number of files. I get the message 'out of memory'
>when I want to start any program under 4DOS. A few internal functions of
>4DOS still function though, one of them is memory, which gives the following
>interesting result:

>     655,360 bytes total RAM
>   1,048,320 bytes free
.
.
>I am using 4DOS, Tulip MsDOS 3.30, Tulip AT compact computer, PCSA 3.0
>(also known as 'VMSservices for MsDOS' or 'LANworks for DOS'), PKZIP 1.02 or
>1.10, PC-VAULT 4.3.

Same problem here once, totally different configuration: NEAT AT16, PKZIP,
4DOS, No LAN. suggestions?
--
Rob.