[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Looking for PD flowchart program

ddev@wam.umd.edu (Don DeVoe) (08/13/90)

I'm trying to locate a PD program called either Easychart or Charteasy, which
creates simple flowchart diagrams. If you know of such an animal, please let me
know (via email) where I could get ahold of it (an FTP location would be ideal).

If anyone knows of an alternative program, PD or comercial, which you would
recommend for flowcharting, I'm open to any suggestions.

--
Don DeVoe       "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
ddev@epsl.umd.edu  what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of" -TMBG

psrc@mtunq.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (08/13/90)

In article <1990Aug12.174528.9665@wam.umd.edu> ddev@wam.umd.edu (Don DeVoe) writes:
> I'm trying to locate a PD program called either Easychart or
> Charteasy, which creates simple flowchart diagrams.

Public Brand Software has a shareware flowcharting package called
FloDraw.  The registration fee ranged from $25 to $35; PBS sells disks
for $5/disk plus $5/order.  You can call them at 800-426-DISK (or
800-727-3476 in Indiana or 317-856-7571 in Indianapolis).

> If anyone knows of an alternative program, PD or commercial, which
> you would recommend for flowcharting, I'm open to any suggestions.

The market leader (or at least the company that's been advertising
forever) is HavenTree's Easyflow.  It lists for $150.  They take orders
on 800-267-0668, and provide information on 613-544-6035 ext 27.
There's a new (well, I never heard of it before) $295 Windows package
called ABC Flowcharter from a company known as Roykore (they're at
800-227-0847 or 415-563-9175).

>Don DeVoe, ddev@epsl.umd.edu

Paul S. R. Chisholm, AT&T Bell Laboratories
att!mtunq!psrc, psrc@mtunq.att.com, AT&T Mail !psrchisholm
I'm not speaking for the company, I'm just speaking my mind.