[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] DESQV-386, DTK, WP5.1 Disharmony

efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Everett Batey) (08/13/90)

Really like the DESQView 386 ( 2.26, QEMM, etc ) choice on my DTK ( Data
Tech ) 386-20 PC.  Unfortunately, when I first load Wordperfect 5.1, 2d -
print a document, 3d complete printing, 4th Load Tobias MYM or Kermit 3.01
or some other major piece of code and 5th return to Wordperfect, I get the
graphic uglies on my herc display ( DM3088A card ).  Looks like 10H to 2,3V
matrix over entire screen with overall rectangles about 1/4 to 1/3 inch
across.  Behind this grid I can see where the print was on the screen.  Only
way out of this window is <Ctl><Alt><DEL> which clears this window MOST of
the time.  This bug is not 100 pct repeatable.  Looking for similar exper-
iences.  I dont know where to hang the rap and dont have monitor or driver
to swap in.  I have NO other problems with DV, other than a much slower
COMn port when LapLink ran 115KB, now slows to 38KB.

While I am borrowing this much bandwidth, anyone with 25Dollar Net find a
serial board that runs off some other INT than the COM1 COM2 normal values?
Need my mouse and modem.

Thanks /Ev/
--
 +  efb@suned1.nswses.Navy.MIL efb@elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov  efb@voodoo.bitnet  +
 +  efb@suned1.UUCP | Gold Coast Sun Users | Vta-SB-SLO DECUS |  WA6CRE   +

morash@ug.cs.dal.ca (Dave Morash) (08/15/90)

In article <5126@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL> efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Everett F Batey II) writes:
>Really like the DESQView 386 ( 2.26, QEMM, etc ) choice on my DTK ( Data
>[text deleted]
>graphic uglies on my herc display ( DM3088A card ).  Looks like 10H to 2,3V
>matrix over entire screen with overall rectangles about 1/4 to 1/3 inch
>across.  Behind this grid I can see where the print was on the screen.  Only
>way out of this window is <Ctl><Alt><DEL> which clears this window MOST of
>the time.  This bug is not 100 pct repeatable.  Looking for similar exper-
>iences.

I've used Desqview at work and have had this problem repeatedly. It seems
to occur whenever alot of scrolling is taking place. I've had this happen
on hercules as well as a vga machine.

--
"Locked in a time warp of their very | morash@ug.cs.dal.ca
own Charged GBH are carrying on the  | morash%dalcsug%dalcs@watmath.uucp