[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] GOSCRIPT VERSION 2 - 3 PROBLEMS

jan@enea.se (Jan Wester) (08/15/90)

There seems to be a serious bug in GoScript version 2.2 and 3.0. They are
the ones I have tested.

The problem seems to come only if you have several megabytes of internal
memory and uses it as EMS-memory. I myself have 8 Megabytes.
And everything is specified as EMS-memory using 386max.

Back to the problem : When I print out a document containing several pages
and every page contains rather few fonts and needs rather little formatting
it seems like GoScript starts to send the next page when the printer not
yet has finished the current page printing.
This means that you will get some shit up in the left corner of the document.

This must be a bug. I tried to print my document to a file not using GoScript
as the print task.

I then printed the file with PRINT and I was able to look at the sending of
data to the port. PRINT did not send ANY data until the printer had finished
printing the current page and been silent.

This meant that the document that came was perfect !.

It seems like GoScript is not handling the parallell port correctly as I
recall it.

The printer driver I am talking about ( and the only one I have tested )
is the one for HP LaserJet II.

Anyone else that have had this problem ????

I did not have this problem with 2 Megabytes of memory !

Another problem is that GoFonts from version 2.2 does not seem to be
compatible with Goscript version 3.0.
But I do not care about that. I have only made some brief tests on
version 3.

                             Jan Wester  ENEA DATA Stockholm Sweden
                             E-mail : jan@enea.se

cld@kd4nc.UUCP (Charles D'Englere) (08/16/90)

jan@enea.se (Jan Wester) writes:

>There seems to be a serious bug in GoScript version 2.2 and 3.0. They are
>the ones I have tested.

<Rest deleted...>

I had the same problem with the lastest version using it on a HP LaserJet III.
The only thing I noticed was it would not do it everytime with the same
document. The HPLJ had 3.5 megabytes of memory and no cartridges. The dealer
I purchase the software from let me return it. They asked me if I had called
tech support at LaserGo and I told them I was not going to spend money for
support on a faulty product (call was toll). I would be interested in hearing
from others as well on this product. I am trying to find Freedom of the Press
and try it.

Charles

--
C. D'Englere Consulting          UUCP: {...!gatech,!emory}!kd4nc!cld
  Charles L. D'Englere             Phone: 404+3259074