[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] MAC Stuffit for MSDOS??

MBT3@PSUVM.PSU.EDU ("Mike Tierney") (08/27/90)

     Anyone out there know of a version of the Mac compressor Stuffit for
MSDOS?  If there's nothing out there now, could someone provide me with the
algorithm used, so I could possibly write one?  Normally the two systems are
pretty much isolated from each other, so this wouldn't be necessary, but I
just got REMAC, which allows MAC sound files to be played on an IBM.  Thanks.

Mike Tierney               "Any technology without some attendant risk
<MBT3@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>        of misuse is probably trivial" - Louise Kohl

zech@leadsv.UUCP (Bill Zech) (08/28/90)

In article <9008261723.AA03305@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MBT3@PSUVM.PSU.EDU ("Mike Tierney") writes:

>     Anyone out there know of a version of the Mac compressor Stuffit for
>MSDOS?  If there's nothing out there now, could someone provide me with the
>algorithm used, so I could possibly write one?  Normally the two systems are
>pretty much isolated from each other, so this wouldn't be necessary, but I
>just got REMAC, which allows MAC sound files to be played on an IBM.  Thanks.

>Mike Tierney               "Any technology without some attendant risk
><MBT3@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>        of misuse is probably trivial" - Louise Kohl

There is a Stuffit compatible unpacker in the IBM Forum on CompuServe.
I used to have it until I blew my disk away (before backup :-( )
I intend to get it again soon; maybe I can post it.  I used it to
unpack MAC sound files (also many of them on CompuServe) and play
them back with my SoundBlaster.

- Bill