[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] *** UNIX UNCOMPRESS PROGRAM FOR PC NEEDED! ***

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (08/29/90)

Does anyone have a program for the IBM PC that can uncompress
UNIX *.Z files??? Unix has a compress/uncompress command
that uses lempel-Ziv compression...

Anyone know if just a thing exists in the Public Domain realm??

Thanks
George

--
George Wang
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug28.202743.28047@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) writes:
>Does anyone have a program for the IBM PC that can uncompress
>UNIX *.Z files??? Unix has a compress/uncompress command
>that uses lempel-Ziv compression...

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who replied!! I got TONS
of replys and offers to email me the program... I appreciate
everyone's help!!

Just to summarize you can get the program from SIMTEL
via anonymous FTP 26.2.0.74

get PD1:<MSDOS.SQ-USQ>COMPRS16.ARC

George

--

pjh@mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug28.202743.28047@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) writes:
=Does anyone have a program for the IBM PC that can uncompress
=UNIX *.Z files??? Unix has a compress/uncompress command
=that uses lempel-Ziv compression...
=
=Anyone know if just a thing exists in the Public Domain realm??

The best one I've seen exists in EXE form (maybe ARC'd or ZIP'd) on the
UNIXForum on Compuserve.  Do you have access?

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math