[net.ham-radio] packet radio arpa list and net.ham

ron@trsvax (05/28/85)

I suggest that you call it simply "net.packet" as net.ham-radio.packet is
*much* longer than 14 characters which is the maxmimum length for a name
using notes (or news services that depend on a directory name).

louie@umd5.UUCP (06/09/85)

In article <52800055@trsvax> ron@trsvax writes:

>I suggest that you call it simply "net.packet" as net.ham-radio.packet is
>*much* longer than 14 characters which is the maxmimum length for a name
>using notes (or news services that depend on a directory name).

- Begin Flame -

Please, let's not.  The amateur packet radio discussions are *clearly* related
to amateur radio, and should be a subgroup of net.ham-radio.  Don't make the
net at large suffer because some are running broken software.  Doesn't notes
have an alias feature of some kind anyway?  At least the news software
doesn't generate those stupid Orphened response subject lines.

- End Flame -

There, I feel much better now.
--
Louis A. Mamakos WA3YMH   University of Maryland, Computer Science Center
 Internet: louie@umd5.arpa