[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Looking for a game called 'Pipeline'

wehr@fmeed1.UUCP (Bruce Wehr) (08/22/90)

My 6 year old son just spent the weekend with a friend.  He came back
beaming about a game his friend has on his computer.  He claims the name
of the game is 'Pipeline'.  His friend's family owns an Apple.

"Can we get this game for our computer, dad?," he excitedly asks, "Huh,
dad?  Can we?"

Well, we've got a IBM clone.  That's all I've got to go on.  I might be
able to get more info on the game, if it's needed.  Can anybody point me
in the right direction?

Many, many thanks in advance for any and all help.

Apologies for the cross-posting.  Follow-ups are directed to me.
--
	       Bruce Wehr (wehr%dptc.decnet@srlvx0.srl.ford.com)
    (...!mailrus!sharkey!fmeed1!wehr) (wehr%fmeed1.uucp@mailgw.cc.umich.edu)

wehr@fmeed1.UUCP (Bruce Wehr) (09/06/90)

In article <7637@fmeed1.UUCP>, wehr@fmeed1.UUCP (that's me) writes:

> Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Well, I got many messages suggesting that what I was looking for was
"Pipe Dream" from LucasFilm Games.  I found it at a local Soft Warehouse
for only $17, so I picked it up.  It turned out not to be what I sought.
However, the game turned out to be fun, so it's a gain to me, not a
loss.

One response I got (Thanks, Steve!)  said that what I was looking for
was indeed available.  They gave me the publishers name, and through a
little research I found the distributors:  Merit Software in Dallas,
Texas.  They took a VISA order over the phone ($9.95), and I now have a
birthday present for my son.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
--
	       Bruce Wehr (wehr%dptc.decnet@srlvx0.srl.ford.com)