[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] CrossDos

nigrone@olivey.ATC.Olivetti.Com (Ivan Borzieri) (09/10/90)

Hi there,

I've got a very big problem !!!

I ftp'ed several progs from ftp sites, but on a PC, not directly on my Amiga.

So, now I've got over 80 megs of stuff here on my hard disk, and I can't use it,
cause I haven't got CrossDos or Dos2Dos.

Now, I don't like very much the idea that I'm going to pay 130 $ (that's the price of CrossDos here in Italy) for such a stupid utility .

Does anyone knows if there is such a program for the PC in the PD ?

lee@chsun1.uchicago.edu (dwight lee) (09/11/90)

nigrone@olivey.ATC.Olivetti.Com (Ivan Borzieri) writes:

[deleted]

>I ftp'ed several progs from ftp sites, but on a PC, not directly on my Amiga.

Oops.

>So, now I've got over 80 megs of stuff here on my hard disk, and I can't use it,
>cause I haven't got CrossDos or Dos2Dos.

You don't need CrossDOS or Dos2Dos.

>Now, I don't like very much the idea that I'm going to pay 130 $ (that's the price of CrossDos here in Italy) for such a stupid utility .

The price is high but the utility value of the software is also.

>Does anyone knows if there is such a program for the PC in the PD ?

I know of no PC program which will write to Amiga disks.  However, if you
format a 3.5" DSDD disk to 360K (9 sectors/track) on the PC and copy files to
it, you can use a patched version of PcCopy to read them in on your Amiga.  A
German programmer has made patches to the tool ordinarily used to read 360K PC
5.25" floppies so that it can read 3.5" ones instead.  It should be on an ftp
site, sorry I can't provide an actual location.

Further information should go to: comp.sys.amiga
Dwight A Lee  /  lee@chsun1.uchicago.edu  /  815-758-1389  /  tCS/BB  /  Font
I speak only for myself.  /  "I am not the only dust my mother raised" - TMBG