[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Wrapping Text completly around graphic in WORDPERFECT

duvalj@bionette.cgrb.orst.edu (Joe Duval - Entomology) (09/10/90)

Hi,
  I am trying to wrap text around a graphic (text box, figure) in WordPerfect
and can't figure out how to make the text go completely around the graphic.

I don't want to make the graphic take up the entire width of the page by
using the "Full" selection from the horizontal positioning menu because some
are text boxes that I want a shaded background for and I don't want the
shading to go all the way across the page.

Finally, just including blank lines is not acceptable because that removes
one of the basic niceties of a word processor.  Being able to add and remove
sections of a document and letting the word processor take care of the pageing
etc.  The graphic will jump around from page to page and I will have to add
or delete more of those blank lines.

Thanks for any help
-Joe

--
Joe Duval		duvalj@bionette.cgrb.orst.edu
Losing your temper generally represents the incipient stage of rectal-

gail@wet.UUCP (Gail Gurman) (09/16/90)

In article <20202@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> duvalj@bionette.cgrb.orst.edu (Joe Duval - Entomology) writes:
>Hi,
>  I am trying to wrap text around a graphic (text box, figure) in WordPerfect
>and can't figure out how to make the text go completely around the graphic.

According to WordPerfect Magazine, it can't be done.  The easiest work-
around is to set up newspaper columns and put the graphic box between
them.

I now what you want to do . . . something like this:

        _____
This is |   | a test.
This is |___| another test.

But you'll have to settle for:

        _____
This is |   | This is
a test. |___| another test.

The only other possibility I can think of is to set "Wrap text around
box" to no and tab across it.

Gail

PS.  If you have any other questions about WP, I'm an expert :)

--
Respond to {claris,hoptoad}!wet!gail@ames.arc.nasa.gov
        or gail@wet.UUCP