[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Reading Apple DOS 3.3 Disks...

dchun@aludra.usc.edu (Dale Chun) (09/08/90)

I just downloaded the apple ][ emulator from simtel20.arpa and it is a
*great* product (ya, flames -> /dev/null). My question is, how in the
world can I get existing apple software into the emulator? The
simulated disks are an exact snapshot of an Apple DOS 3.3 disk....does
anyone out there in netland know how I can get a snapshot of an apple
][ disk to run inside of the emulator? I really don't wanna retype all
my apple ][ software....(this includes applesoft as well as binary
files)! Thanks!
						...dale

 name: Dale C. Chun	    | * 2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2.
PLAYMAC Technical Support   | * Hack First, Ask Questions Later.
email: dchun@aludra.usc.edu | * MAC; Maybe A Computer, but probably a toy.

CC65SRAD@MIAMIU.BITNET (09/10/90)

There is an Apple Emulation board called Trackstar E available that will
allow you to run almost any Apple II software on an IBM without modification.
The CopyIIPc board cliams to read and write any disk format, and the Apple
SuperDrive claims the ability to cross IBM and Apple formats, but this may
only apply to the Macintosh.
-Chris

lhaider@pro-grouch.cts.com (Laer Haider) (09/23/90)

Who in the world uses Apple DOS 3.3 anymore.  Sounds like a real nifty little
program, but not extremely useful.  PD and SW progs for the PC are far better
than anything you'll likely find in Apple II DOS 3.3 format.

Yes, I still use an Apple II(gs).  I don't EVER use DOS 3.3 anymore.

Laer Haider
lhaider@pro-grouch.cts.com

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!lhaider
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!lhaider@nosc.mil