[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Word V5.0

mwirth@gara.une.oz.au (Michael A. Wirth) (09/13/90)

I'm having problems with Microsoft Word V5.0 and Windows 3.0, in that
I'm running two 286's through a data transfer switch. Now while other
applications such as Harvard graphics and MS-Works prints Ok, both
 MS-Word and Windows(write) applications complain that the printer
is not ready, yet when I bypass the data switch everything is ok.
Has anyone else experienced such problems, got any ideas??
                     Thanks Michael

Michael Andrew Wirth
Technical Advisor Computing Studies
Duval College
University of New England                  _--_|\
Armidale  N.S.W  2351                     /      \
A U S T R A L I A.                        \_.--._/
FTP:    (ftp 129.180.1.1)
ARPA:   mwirth@gara.une.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
ACSnet:    mwirth@gara.une.oz       Phone:  (067) 73-2670  (term)
Internet:  mwirth@gara.une.oz.au            (075) 35-0775  (home)

a_maydwell@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au (09/23/90)

Try MODE LPT1:,,P ITS PROBABLY DUE TO A RETRY TIMING PROBLEM
T MAYDWELL
WA CONSERVATORIUM OF MUSIC