[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Desqview vs. Windows

nmiller@mstr.hgc.edu (norman miller) (09/23/90)

I posted something a couple of months ago about my disappointment with
Windows 3.0 and my sense of outrage at all the hype.  And got soundly
tongue-lashed by some Windows enthusiasts, some of them quite intelligent
and rational types.  Now I see that a few others are joining the fray and
in order to forestall a Kulturkampf, here is my suggestion:

Let us all recognize that we have here more than anything else differences
in personal style, and that no amount of rational talk (or irrational, for
that matter) will change things in the slightest.  My two sons are, quite
predictably, on opposing sides.  Each has chosen the program that's consis-
tent with his general way of facing the world.  Some like gin, others
seltzer water.

Vive la difference!

N.Miller

werner@aecom.yu.edu (Craig Werner) (09/26/90)

In article <568@mstr.hgc.edu>, nmiller@mstr.hgc.edu (norman miller) writes:
> predictably, on opposing sides.  Each has chosen the program that's consis-
> tent with his general way of facing the world.  Some like gin, others
> seltzer water.

	My only question now is, Is it Desqview that is gin and Windows
that is Seltzer water, or is it Windows that is Gin, and DESQview that is
2-cents plain? Enquiring minds want to know.

(P.S. Windows can run in a Desqview 2.3 window, or is that getting too
 wierd even to consider.)
--
	        Craig Werner   (future MD/PhD, 5.5 years down, 2.5 to go)
	     werner@aecom.YU.EDU -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine