[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Desqview Help

kdunn@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Kevin Dunn) (10/01/90)

  I am looking for a way for a desqview window to close another window, or
better yet, suspend it.
   I am going to be running 2 BBS lines with the help of Desqview.  The setup
that I have is that each BBS has a 50k or so program that monitors the comm
port (1 or 2). When a call is detected, the program calls another DesQview
window and runs the BBS.  What I want to do is this:  When the program gets
a caller, suspend the program checking the OTHER comm port, to prevent someone
from connecting on the other line, thereby swapping the 1st caller out!

    Any help would be appriciated....

   This .sig closed for repairs.

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (10/02/90)

In article <1155@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU> kdunn@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Kevin Dunn) writes:

>   I am going to be running 2 BBS lines with the help of Desqview.  The setup
>that I have is that each BBS has a 50k or so program that monitors the comm
>port (1 or 2). When a call is detected, the program calls another DesQview
>window and runs the BBS.  What I want to do is this:  When the program gets
>a caller, suspend the program checking the OTHER comm port, to prevent someone
>from connecting on the other line, thereby swapping the 1st caller out!

Please excuse the slight change of topic, but.. why not simply run two copies
of the BBS software, one in each window, such that two users can access the
BBS simultaneously ?  Just my 2 cents, which ain't worth much.

--
| ..uunet!bnrgate!mlord%bmerh724 | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |