[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Zenith Server memory problems.

RAR100S@ODUVM.BITNET (Me) (09/27/90)

We are using a Zenith model ZBF-3339-EK 386 as a file server running Novell
LAN version 2.0a. We are upgrading to version 215.c.  Version 2.0a ran fine
with only 640K RAM, however 2.15c needs at least 1 Meg. Zenith offers 2 memory
boards, 1M (model Z-505) and a 4M (model Z-515). Does anyone know of any third
party boards that will run in this machine? If so are there any other sizes tha
n 1M or 4M? Please send any comments, replies, suggestions to my e-mail address
Thanks in advance!

Rob RypkaRAR100S@ODUVM
Microcomputer Support ServicesRAR100S@ODUVM.CC.ODU.EDU
Old Dominion University

price@mandala.unl.edu (Chad Price) (10/03/90)

In <90269.140345RAR100S@ODUVM.BITNET> Me <RAR100S@ODUVM.BITNET> writes:

>We are using a Zenith model ZBF-3339-EK 386 as a file server running Novell
>LAN version 2.0a. We are upgrading to version 215.c.  Version 2.0a ran fine
>with only 640K RAM, however 2.15c needs at least 1 Meg. Zenith offers 2 memory
>boards, 1M (model Z-505) and a 4M (model Z-515). Does anyone know of any third
>party boards that will run in this machine? If so are there any other sizes tha
>n 1M or 4M? Please send any comments, replies, suggestions to my e-mail address
>Thanks in advance!

I don't know of any 32 bit 3rd party boards, but would be very interested,
as Zenith want ~$1200 for a 4-MB board. Perhaps you could also post your
request on comp.sys.zenith?

Chad Price
price@mandala.unl.edu