[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Turbo C "bitmap" get/putimage...

1h1a0m@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/04/90)

In article <548@roo.UUCP>, tow@parc.xerox.com writes:
> I am trying to display some grayscale images on a high resolution VGA display,
> using Borland Turbo C 2.0, and am having some difficulty understanding
> the way an image is constructed.  Actually, I wish to use the "putimage()"
> library routine; its major data structure seems to be undocumented in
> the Turbo C manuals beyond the statement that the first two shorts are
> the x and y lengths.
>
> If I wish to hand construct an "image", how do I go about doing it?
>
> -Rob Tow-

I'm having some problems with get/putimage.  If the routines are in a small
program (say 10K), the work fine.  If they are within a 200K program,
something is amiss.  Perhaps some other buggy code is interfering with the
structures but I can't point it out.

It would be helpful to have an idea on how to write our own get/putimage
routines, especially to handle images larger than 64K.

-Tony Montes