[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Hypercard on DOS

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (10/04/90)

Is there a program for DOS machines that will run unaltered Hypercard
stacks?  We have ToolBook, but we will still have to rewrite the
scripts.  A program that will run Hypercard stacks w/o allowing
changes would work too.

-Mike

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (10/05/90)

In article <Fvm1swh2@cs.psu.edu>, melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:
> Is there a program for DOS machines that will run unaltered Hypercard
> stacks?  We have ToolBook, but we will still have to rewrite the
> scripts.  A program that will run Hypercard stacks w/o allowing
> changes would work too.

There is a conversion utility which converts Hypercard stacks into TollBook
books. It's called I ConvertIt! from Heizer Software
(Pleasant Hill, CA, USA, Phone 415-943-7667).

WindowCraft has just been released. It allows Hypercard stacks to be run
unaltered (I think), as does Plus, which has either just been released, or is
about to be released.
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |

ron@woan (Ronald S. Woan) (10/06/90)

Mellinger) writes:
> Is there a program for DOS machines that will run unaltered Hypercard
> stacks?  We have ToolBook, but we will still have to rewrite the
> scripts.  A program that will run Hypercard stacks w/o allowing
> changes would work too.
Roger> There is a conversion utility which converts Hypercard stacks
Roger> into TollBook books. It's called I ConvertIt! from Heizer
Roger> Software (Pleasant Hill, CA, USA, Phone 415-943-7667).

In addition, Spinnaker Software has an ad in this week's Windows at
Work Supplement of PC Week for Spinnaker PLUS 2.0 (what was 1.0?)
which is a HyperCard like application environment that runs on Mac and
PC in Windows and OS/2. Anyway, they claim to be able to "import and
enhance existing HyperCard stacks." Their number for a free demo copy
is 1-800-323-8088 ext. 555 (617-494-1200 in MA, with same ext).

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin@iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +