[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Turbo Pascal vs C vs REAL PROGRAMMERS!

phys169@canterbury.ac.nz (10/05/90)

In article <5039@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au>, rhys@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Rhys Weatherley) writes:
> noren@dinl.uucp (Charles Noren) writes:
>>C++ is the language of choice of REAL programmers...
>> Remember, if it can't be done in C++, it isn't worth doing!
>>...just kidding :-) :-) :-) :-) !!
>
> I'll no doubt get flamed for this, but I couldn't resist :-)...
> 	"Real programmers don't write in PASCAL, BLISS or ADA, or
> 	 any of those pinky computer science languages...

REAL programmers might write in C(++), but COMPLEX programmers write in
FORTRAN!! :-)

INTEGER programmers write in ZX80 BASIC
DOUBLE-PRECISION INTEGER programmers write in DG Business BASIC
EXTENDED programmers write in Turbo Pascal
And thome programmerth even write in LITHP.

Mark Aitchison, Uni of Canty, New Zealand.

cs161fhn@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) (10/05/90)

In article <1990Oct5.114353.9325@canterbury.ac.nz| phys169@canterbury.ac.nz writes:
|In article <5039@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au>, rhys@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Rhys Weatherley) writes:
|> noren@dinl.uucp (Charles Noren) writes:
|>>C++ is the language of choice of REAL programmers...
|>> Remember, if it can't be done in C++, it isn't worth doing!
|>>...just kidding :-) :-) :-) :-) !!
|>
|> I'll no doubt get flamed for this, but I couldn't resist :-)...
|> 	"Real programmers don't write in PASCAL, BLISS or ADA, or
|> 	 any of those pinky computer science languages...
|
|REAL programmers might write in C(++), but COMPLEX programmers write in
|FORTRAN!! :-)

REAL programmers may write in C(++) but they think in assembly!
--
Dennis Lou             |
dlou@ucsd.edu          | "But Yossarian, what if everyone thought that way?"

rmarks@KSP.Unisys.COM (Richard Marks) (10/05/90)

In article <12988@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> cs161fhn@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) writes:

>REAL programmers may write in C(++) but they think in assembly!

Assembly ?  We use Hex around here.

0x52656761726473
0x52696368617264 0x4d61726b73

roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) (10/06/90)

phys169@canterbury.ac.nz writes:

> INTEGER programmers write in ZX80 BASIC

I remember that!

"The square root of 4 is 2."
"The square root of 5 is between 2 and 3."
(output from the ZX80 square root program in the "programmer's guide")

I sent mine back after the 7-day trial. ;-)
--
Roy M. Silvernail |+|  roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu  |+| #define opinions ALL_MINE;
main(){float x=1;x=x/50;printf("It's only $%.2f, but it's my $%.2f!\n",x,x);}