[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Getting postscript o/p of a WordPerfect document

swamy@cs.ubc.ca (H.V. Sreekantaswamy) (10/11/90)

I would like to get a postscript file output from my wordperfect
document in my PC, so that I can print it out on laserwriter at work.
I have installed Apple Laserwriter driver, but I am not able to
figure out the way to set it to print into a file.

I would appreciate any help. Please e-mail.

Thanks in advance,
Swamy

H.V. Sreekantaswamy			E-mail:	swamy@cs.ubc.ca
Dept. of Computer Science			swamy@ubc-cs.uucp
University of British Columbia			swamy@ubc.csnet
Vancouver, B.C.,    			Tel:    (604)228-3061
Canada. V6T 1W5					(604)224-4431 (Res)

will@ils.nwu.edu (William Fitzgerald) (10/11/90)

Assuming that you have WordPerfect 5.x, it's relatively simple.  After
selecting one of the Postscript printer drivers (such as the Apple
Laserwriter), one of the options on the 'select a printer' screen is
to change the port.  The 'change the port' option allows you to
print the file to disk.  You can then carry this file to work to
print on the Postscript printer.

Note that each time that you print, you will overwrite the existing
file.  You can work around this by either creating multiple printer
definitions or renaming the printer output on the 'List files' (F5)
screen.

Enjoy!

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (10/12/90)

swamy@cs.ubc.ca (H.V. Sreekantaswamy) writes:
> I would like to get a postscript file output from my wordperfect
> document in my PC, so that I can print it out on laserwriter at work.
> I have installed Apple Laserwriter driver, but I am not able to
> figure out the way to set it to print into a file.

Go to the "Select Printer" screen off the main Printer screen.  Go to
the Apple LaserWriter IINTX driver, and select (E)dit.  Change the
(P)ort to "(O)ther", and then specify the filename you want to print
to.

This seems to come up so often, perhaps it should get put in the FAQ
file?

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | "Bus error: passengers dumped"