[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] routines to access database files from C

melnik@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ofer Melnik) (10/13/90)

HI,

Does anyone know of any routines/libraries which I can use to access, modify,
and querry information from different database files (Dbase, paradox and
non-standard files)?? I want to write an application in C and DON'T
want to write my own B+tree/Index Sequential
implementation. Source would be preferable since I might
want to be able to sort files in which the language is written from right
to left (Hebrew ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
-OM

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (10/15/90)

melnik@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ofer Melnik) writes:

>Does anyone know of any routines/libraries which I can use to access, modify,
>and querry information from different database files (Dbase, paradox and
>non-standard files)?? I want to write an application in C and DON'T
>want to write my own B+tree/Index Sequential
>implementation. Source would be preferable since I might
>want to be able to sort files in which the language is written from right
>to left (Hebrew ).

Check out the Soft C Library. It will read/write dBase files and indexes.
Source is available to registered users. SOFTC20.ZIP is the latest version
I've seen, if you can't get it on a BBS near you, I've got it at the
below number.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --