[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Anyone Have Experience with Micro Express?

davecarr@tove.cs.umd.edu (David Carr) (10/15/90)

I am thinking of buying a new computer.  One of the firms that seems to
have a good price is Micro Express.  However, I don't know anything about
their quality and service.  Does anyone on the net have experience with
them?  Thanks in advance.

David Carr (davecarr@cs.umd.edu)

bicker@cbnewsi.att.com (The Resource, Poet-Magician of Quality) (10/15/90)

David writes:
=> I am thinking of buying a new computer.  One of the firms that seems to
=> have a good price is Micro Express.  However, I don't know anything about
=> their quality and service.  Does anyone on the net have experience with
=> them?  Thanks in advance.

Well, I may have caught them on a bad day but I couldn't get anyone to
there to talk to me about buying a system!

I went to #2 on my list and am really happy with the decision: Gateway 2000.

--
Brian Charles Kohn          AT&T Bell Laboratories Quality Process Center
Quality Management System   E-MAIL: att!hoqax!bicker  (bicker@hoqax.ATT.COM)

draper@buster.cps.msu.edu (Patrick J Draper) (10/15/90)

In article <26984@mimsy.umd.edu> davecarr@tove.cs.umd.edu (David Carr) writes:
>I am thinking of buying a new computer.  One of the firms that seems to
>have a good price is Micro Express.  However, I don't know anything about
>their quality and service.  Does anyone on the net have experience with
>them?  Thanks in advance.
>
>David Carr (davecarr@cs.umd.edu)

I don't know about Micro Express, but Express Micro Mart in West
Bloomfield Michigan is not the place you want to buy a computer.

I bought one in July, and they never shipped it. They were always
waiting on parts. When I called (several dozen times) about the order,
they had a hard time locating information about it.

I asked them for my money back, but they couldn't do that either. Seems
that the Attorney General wants them to send me a letter stating their
debt or some kind of crap.

They're not bankrupt yet, so I hope I get my money. I've got a good
attorney. My advice to you is:

NO matter WHERE you buy your computer, BUY BY CREDIT CARD. If I had
done this, there would be no need for me to wait for my money.

They kind of laughed when I told them I'd flame them on the net.
I guess that kind of foolishness is why they're heading out of
business.

Patrick Draper   ----   Michigan State University