[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] FAX Cards

ali99@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Mohammad Ali) (07/26/90)

Greetings!

 Some info required reagrding INTERNAL FAX CARDS..???

 I have to buy a fax card for an (AT-BUS) PC. Can any of you netters
 give me some advice about it..??? I should have the capability to
 send FAX messages too!! Price should not be more than $200. I have
 an external modem attached to the computer or will the FAX card handle
 modem operations too...??  Any help will be greatly appriciated!!!

 Thanks a million in advance

 Ali!

 p.s Ignore the spelling mistakes!

 BitNet = 00m0ali@bsuvax1.bitnet

doerschu@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Dave Doerschuk) (07/28/90)

In article <11566@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> ali99@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Mohammad Ali) writes:
>Greetings!
>
> Some info required reagrding INTERNAL FAX CARDS..???
>
> I have to buy a fax card for an (AT-BUS) PC. Can any of you netters
> give me some advice about it..??? I should have the capability to
> send FAX messages too!! Price should not be more than $200. I have
> an external modem attached to the computer or will the FAX card handle
> modem operations too...??  Any help will be greatly appriciated!!!

Posting instead of emailing because I thought this might be of general
interest:  the August, 1990 (current) edition of Computer Shopper has
a large supplement in the back of the magazine dealing this this very
topic.  Highly recommended!

Dave Doerschuk
doerschu@rex.cs.tulane.edu

silver@xrtll.uucp (Hi Ho Silver) (07/29/90)

   Check out the latest PC Magazine.  They review buckets o'fax cards.
--
   /Nikebo \ Nikebo says "Nikebo knows how to post.  Just do it."\silver@xrtll/

cgordon@vpnet.chi.il.us (Crash Gordon) (10/17/90)

On a related topic, what sort of FAX board capability is there under unix?
Within the next six months, I will be required to provide a 386AT system
running Interactive SVR32 with sendFAX capability.  We will need to send
ASCII and PCX files.  All the FAX modems I see come with DOS drivers.  Will I
have to do FAX through vpix?  Seems pretty kludgy to me...

Gordon S. Hlavenka            cgordon@vpnet.chi.il.us
Disclaimer:                Yeah, I said it.  So what?