[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Questions about AT&T's System V for PC's

cy5@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Conway Yee) (10/13/90)

What is the latest version of AT&T's Unix System V for PC's (actually,
AT&T Personal Computer 6300 PLUS)?  I have obtained version 2.0.  Are there
any problems running it on a 33 MHZ '386 clone?  Are there any problems
with version 2.0 that I should know about?  What is the cost of an update
(if necessary)?

Thank for any help you can provide.

					Conway Yee, N2JWQ
yee@ming.mipg.upenn.edu    (preferred)             231 S. Melville St.
cy5@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (forwarded to above)    Philadelphia, Pa 19139
yee@bnlx26.nsls.bnl.gov    (rarely checked)        (215) 386-1312

johncore@compnect.UUCP (John Core ) (10/18/90)

In article <1990Oct12.172151.6732@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, cy5@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Conway Yee) writes:
> What is the latest version of AT&T's Unix System V for PC's (actually,
> AT&T Personal Computer 6300 PLUS)?  I have obtained version 2.0.  Are there
> any problems running it on a 33 MHZ '386 clone?  Are there any problems
> with version 2.0 that I should know about?  What is the cost of an update
> (if necessary)?

AT&T is at Unix ver 3.2 for the current pc in their line (386)

they mad a version of unix for the 6300+ but I don't think it is still
available.. You might want to try MICROPORT for their 286 unix
(as close to AT&T as you can get) in scot's valley calif.
Since the 6300+ is a 286 without standard 16 bit slots you will have to
obtain an AT&T ram card for the beast!  The only thing I use my 6300+ for
anymore is as a terminal off my 386 running Unix 3.2

Wizard Systems              |    UUCP:   uunet!wa3wbu!compnect!johncore
P.O. Box 6269               |INTERNET:   johncore@compnect.wa3wbu
Harrisburg, Pa. 17112-6269  |a public bbs since 1978. Data(717)657-4992 & 4997
----------------------------| No matter where you go, there you are!
a woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.   -R. Kipling