[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Device sharing error?

stephenc@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Stephen Chung) (10/09/90)

Hi,

I just got Windows 3.0 up and running.  However, when I was running
some programs in a DOS window (such as mapmem), it comes back with a
"Device sharing error in drive C" and I have to abort the program and
to run "WIN /R" in a DOS window (you guys said that I can do it :=>)
and it came back with the same device sharing error.  Any pointers?
Please reply to this account.  Thanks.

- Stephen

YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET (Roger Rouse) (10/20/90)

I keep getting this error when I shell out to kermit.  I have no clue
why.  It's a real pain though.  Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

Roger

rusbara2@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Bob Rusbasan) (10/21/90)

In article <90292.121458YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET> YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET (Roger Rouse) writes:
>I keep getting this error when I shell out to kermit.  I have no clue
>why.  It's a real pain though.  Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

The rest of this subject expired here, but I believe this is the
"invalid commnd.com -- halting system" error.

Anway, I have a "turbo" XT, and I can shell in and out of kermit just
fine, unless I toggle the turbo setting.  Then I get the same error.

Bob Rusbasan
bob@en.ecn.purdue.edu