[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Compuserve Access from Usenet

bower@hfsi.UUCP (Michael Bower Comm. ) (10/19/90)

I suspect that this has been asked before but I didn't see it in
the last faq that I looked at.  So here goes...

I would like to electronically (email) send message to various
software vendors that are on Compuserve.  I do not have a Compuserve
ID.  I thought I remember hearing once that there is a gateway
between uunet and Compuserve.  Does anybody know if this is true
and if so, how to use it.

If the above IS true, I will be looking for the compuserve IDs for:

Borland (TC++, Quattro Pro)
Central Point (PCTools Deluxe)
WordPerfect (WP5.1, DrawPerfect)
DataStorm (Procomm Plus)

If anybody has these compuserve IDs, could they please e-mail them
to me.

Thank you all in advance.

Michael Bower - N4NMR              Honeywell Federal Systems Inc.
e-mail: uunet!hfsi!bower                     7900 Westpark Drive.
phone:(h) 703-435-5081  (o) 703-827-3559         McLean, VA 22102

ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) (10/20/90)

>I thought I remember hearing once that there is a gateway
>between uunet and Compuserve.  Does anybody know if this is true
Use the form "12345.6789@compuserve.com"
Note that a "." replaces the "," in the number.

>Borland (TC++, Quattro Pro)
>Central Point (PCTools Deluxe)
>DataStorm (Procomm Plus)
If you get these ID's, please forward them to me, too.
			-ted-
PS. our mailer chokes on addresses that end in ".UUCP" so I am posting
this. Sorry.

ted@helios.ucsc.edu |"He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the
W (408)459-2110     |Lord require of you but to do justice and to love kindness
H (408)423-2444     |and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8 (RSV)

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (10/24/90)

In article <404@hfsi.UUCP> bower@hfsi.UUCP (Michael Bower Comm. ) writes:

   I suspect that this has been asked before but I didn't see it in
   the last faq that I looked at.  So here goes...

   I would like to electronically (email) send message to various
   software vendors that are on Compuserve.  I do not have a Compuserve
   ID.  I thought I remember hearing once that there is a gateway
   between uunet and Compuserve.  Does anybody know if this is true
   and if so, how to use it.

   If the above IS true, I will be looking for the compuserve IDs for:

   Borland (TC++, Quattro Pro)
   Central Point (PCTools Deluxe)
   WordPerfect (WP5.1, DrawPerfect)
   DataStorm (Procomm Plus)

   If anybody has these compuserve IDs, could they please e-mail them
   to me.

   Thank you all in advance.

I'd like to add Fox Software to the list of addresses wanted.

If anyone knows Fox's email address, I'd appreciate it.  They say they
have one, but don't say what it is.  I can't go to a forum, so I'mleft
in the lurch.

Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu   DELPHI: JSULLIVAN	| University of Southern California