[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Windows 3.0 Driver for ATI 1024 card?

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) (10/18/90)

In article <1271@crpmks.UUCP> dans@crpmks.UUCP (Dan Simoes (Info Systems)) writes:
>In article <365@aupair.cs.athabascau.ca> kevinc@cs.athabascau.ca (Kevin Crocker) writes:
>>Does anyone know if ATI has fixed their drivers for 640x480x256 or
>>800x600x256 or even 1024x768x16 (256)????
>
>I called ATI tech support in the hopes of getting 800x600x256 drivers,
>but they just sent the 800x600x16 and 1024x768x16 drivers, which I
>already had.  I would hope that there would be 256 color SVGA drivers
>by now, but I guess not.
>At any rate, if you'd like to call them, they'll mail the disks to
>you for free: 416-756-0711.

Why do I continue to read these type of messages?  It must be an odd
form of masochism.  Or maybe just a slight glimmer of hope that ATI
might just have fulfilled their promises and released competitive
Windows drivers...

Anyway, how many people out there are waiting for these drivers?  How
about starting a letter-writing campaign to vent our displeasure?
Someone have the address of ATI?

Follow-ups are directed to comp.windows.ms...

    JWKIII
*  \|/ John William Keating, III >Ragnorak< keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu \|/  *
* --*=========================  //////\\\\\\  =========================*-- *
*  /|\         "Wands don't kill people, people kill people."         /|\  *

silver@xrtll.uucp (Hi Ho Silver) (10/20/90)

In article <4589@rex.cs.tulane.edu> keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) writes:
$Someone have the address of ATI?

   Look it up in your manual.  It's right there on the first page.  For
those who are too lazy:

ATI Technologies Inc.
3761 Victoria Park Avenue
Scarborough, ON
M1W 3S2
Tel:	(416) 756-0718
Fax:	(416) 756-0720
Telex:	06-966640 (ATI TOR)

   Other ATI numbers of use include:

Tech Support:  (416) 756-0711
BBS:	(416) 756-4591
--
HI ROGER |Nikebo says "Nikebo knows how to post.  Just do it."| silver@xrtll
_________|-----------------------|_______________|------------|_____________

kevinc@cs.athabascau.ca (Kevin Crocker) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct20.162300.6614@xrtll.uucp> silver@xrtll.UUCP (Hi Ho Silver) writes:
>In article <4589@rex.cs.tulane.edu> keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) writes:
>$Someone have the address of ATI?
>
>   Look it up in your manual.  It's right there on the first page.  For
>those who are too lazy:

Careful about the flame.  ATI does a lot of OEM business and the
manuals that are in te OEM products have a tendency NOT to have their
phone number or address.  For example, I just bought a VGA1024 card
that is manufactured by ATI and my manual does not give any
informantion about how to get in contact with ATI anywhere.  Tus, no
matter how hard I RTFM, I will not likely find their address or phone
number in that particular source.

Kevin
--
Kevin "auric" Crocker Athabasca University
UUCP: ...!{alberta,ncc}!atha!kevinc