[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Simpsons Fortune Program

komatsu@alcor.usc.edu (-----> Dave) (10/22/90)

By popular demand:

The authors of PLAYMAC (shell for playing digitized computer sounds)
and Instant Access (the future of menu systems)....

--Simps--

o  Simps is a collection of 133 quotes from the Simpsons.  If you have
   and IBM or IBM compatible you too can put simps in your autoexec file
   or anywhere on your system.

o  Use the format

   o  simp        (list a random quote)
   o  simp x y    (list quotes x through y)
   o  simp x      (list quote #x)
   o  simp > foo.txt     (write a random quote to textfile foo.txt)
   o  simp x y > foo.txt (write quotes x to y to textfile foo.txt)
   o  simp x > foo.txt   (write quote x to textfile foo.txt)

o  Watch for frequent program updates.

o  WHAT!!!!! Your favorite quote mistyped or not there!?!?!?!?!?  Correct
   the problem.  Send mail to komatsu@aludra.usc.edu in the following
   format

Quote #xxx is in error it should read

or

<put quote here>
-- <put speaker here>

And we will promptly add/correct the quote and as the supplier of the quote
you will be among the first to receive the new version.

The file will be uuencoded and posted to alt.tv.simpsons and it can
also be made available other newsgroups if demand by those without
alt.tv.simpsons feed is great.  I am not posting it everywhere because
I know a lot of people are not too happy about binary postings.

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| ccb.ucsf.edu  IS the home of the Sound-List and over 15 megabytes      |
| of sound files for REmac and Playmac.  To add to sound list send       |
| to: sound@ccb.ucsf.edu the phrase ADD-ME: <your e-mail address>        |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| komatsu@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu    | I will not encourage others to fly |
| komatsu@aludra.usc.edue           | Tar is not a plaything	         |
| sound@ccb.ucsf.edu	            | I will not waste chalk             |
| -----> Dave                       |                                    |

tsaiello@spurge.uwaterloo.ca (Tim Aiello) (10/27/90)

In article <12688@chaph.usc.edu> komatsu@alcor.usc.edu (-----> Dave) writes:
>By popular demand:
>
>--Simps--
>
>o  Simps is a collection of 133 quotes from the Simpsons.  If you have
>   and IBM or IBM compatible you too can put simps in your autoexec file
>   or anywhere on your system.
>
>The file will be uuencoded and posted to alt.tv.simpsons and it can
>also be made available other newsgroups if demand by those without
>alt.tv.simpsons feed is great.  I am not posting it everywhere because
>I know a lot of people are not too happy about binary postings.

Would someone please post to comp.binaries.ibm.pc (no alt.* feed here).

Tim (tsaiello@spurge.waterloo.edu).