[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Triple boot machine

jkenyon@us.cc.umich.edu (Jim Kenyon) (10/25/90)

Any ideas on how to configure a machine to be able to select between
Unix (any flavor), OS/2, and MS-DOS on a single machine?  That is,
select which O.S. to load?  This is an extension of the boot option
OS/2 gives when there are both OS/2 and DOS partitions on a hard drive.
I don't think OS/2 will let you pick a third OS -- could be wrong though...
-jk
--
Jim Kenyon -- jkenyon@css.itd.umich.edu
University of Michigan, 401 Washtenaw Ave

rick@lrark.UUCP (Rick Mobley) (10/29/90)

In article <1990Oct24.185447.20532@terminator.cc.umich.edu> jkenyon@us.cc.umich.edu (Jim Kenyon) writes:
 >Any ideas on how to configure a machine to be able to select between
 >Unix (any flavor), OS/2, and MS-DOS on a single machine?  That is,
 >select which O.S. to load?  This is an extension of the boot option
 >OS/2 gives when there are both OS/2 and DOS partitions on a hard drive.
 >I don't think OS/2 will let you pick a third OS -- could be wrong though...
 >-jk

Look for a program called DUALBOOT which will allow you to select several
flavors of O/S to boot in. It currently recognizes OS/2 MSDOS UNIX and a
variety of others. If you can venture to GEnie, you will find it in the
unix RT.

---

rick@lrark.UUCP       *    bang path --> uunet!ddi1!lrark!rick    *
Ricky Mobley          *          LRTUG (501) 224-9454             *
1800 Sanford Dr. #4   *    GEnie Unix RT SysOp address LRARK      *
Little Rock, AR 72207 *     WB5FDP.AR.USA.NA wb5fdp.ampr.org      *