[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] looking for "OPTIKS" graphics utility

raistlin@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Brian Weaver) (10/30/90)

Hello all,

I was recently looking through an old catalog of Shareware products for
the ibmpc.  I was looking for some graphics utilites to use on some GIF
pictures that I now have.  I found one program that looks to be just
what i have been wanting.  The program is Call OPTIKS in the catalog.
It is supposed to load a wide varity of diffrent kinds of pictures, then
allow the user to edit them in many way and also to print the pictures
out.

Does any one out there know where i can ftp a copy or does anyone have a
copy they would be willing to send me.  Please respond via E-Mail to

        raistlin@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu

Thanks in advance.

                           Brian Weaver
---------------------
Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb,
 Mother do you think they'll like the song,
  Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls.
                         -Pink Floyd
                                         raistlin@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (10/30/90)

raistlin@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Brian Weaver) writes:
>I was recently looking through an old catalog of Shareware products for
>the ibmpc.  I was looking for some graphics utilites to use on some GIF
>pictures that I now have.  I found one program that looks to be just
>what i have been wanting.  The program is Call OPTIKS in the catalog.
>It is supposed to load a wide varity of diffrent kinds of pictures, then
>allow the user to edit them in many way and also to print the pictures
>out.

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.2.0.74]

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
OKF218B.ARC   B  144692  900208  Optiks graphics edit/view/cvt MAC/PIC/PCX/GIF

This file is also available from Detroit Download Central.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)