[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] HP IIID - WP Drivers and Postscript

ylee@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Yao Chung Lee) (10/28/90)

Hi !

	Does anyone use Postscript with the New HP IIID ?  If so, is
there any software that could "auto-select" the printer to work in
either HPGL or postscript without manually plugging in/out the
cartridge.  This is b/c the printer is on a Novell Network and the
software to be loaded must somehow understand Novell...  What is you
recommendation for a postscript interface/ software ?

	Secondly, is the WP driver for the IIID out yet ???

	Thank you in advance.

Raymond Lee 		      Bitnet : ylee@iugold.bitnet
Network Administrator        Internet: ylee@cs.indiana.edu
SPHS, Indiana University         UUCP: {ames,rutgers,att}!iuvax!ylee

TMCLELLA@vm.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Tim Mclellan) (10/30/90)

In article <67988@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, ylee@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Yao Chung Lee) writes:

>        Secondly, is the WP driver for the IIID out yet ???

Yes, it is.  I was very impressed to find that the 90-09-06 14:16 version of
WP 5.1 contains printer support for the HP LJ IIID.  I don't think I heard
about the printer before then!

WP can help you get just the printer support files, if that's all you need,
or you can upgrade to this latest "interim" release.

kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (10/30/90)

ylee@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Yao Chung Lee) writes:
>	Does anyone use Postscript with the New HP IIID ?  If so, is
>there any software that could "auto-select" the printer to work in
>either HPGL or postscript without manually plugging in/out the
>cartridge.  This is b/c the printer is on a Novell Network and the
>software to be loaded must somehow understand Novell...  What is you
>recommendation for a postscript interface/ software ?
I allways recommend the HP PS cartridge but it doesn't let you select either
PS or PCL/GL modes, just forces PS mode only.  But at least its true PS.
If you decide to go this route, use WordPerfect's IID PS driver.

>	Secondly, is the WP driver for the IIID out yet ???
Yes, it comes on the latest printer drivers dated 8/24/90.  If you call and
ask for the driver, they might send it to you for free.  Otherwise its $10
for the first 5 disks, and $1 per disk after the 5th (5.25" disks).  So if
you asked for all 14 printer disks (printer disks 1 to 13 plus the user-
contrib), it would put you back $19.

Bob
   Bob Kusumoto                               |    Find the electric messiah!
Internet:  kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu       |          The AC/DC God!
Bitnet:    kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.bitnet    | - My Life with the Thrill Kill
UUCP:  ...!{oddjob,gargoyle}!chsun1!kusumoto  |   Kult, "Kooler than Jesus"